Search This Blog

12/23/12

The Gregg Smith Singers sing from around the world!


Christmas is just around the corner, and I need to post one of my last Christmas music posts of the year. The Gregg Smith choir was quite well known in it's time, and Crown was able to record this fantastic group, it is one of the best recordings I have ever hear from a budget label! The choir's blending is perfect, the recordings are intimate, it's like they are personally singing to you when you have head phones on. This is a true stereophonic experience, and I recommend this album to anyone seeking great Christmas music. Below is the whole album, happy holidays!


Christmas Carols From Around The World.



1 comment:

  1. This is the hauntingly beautiful album of my childhood...I am herelooking at my original vintage album from the 60's. What a sublime group of voices. My very favorite song on this album is "N'ia Gaire Quei Auvit" and I have no idea what language it is...no matter.

    ReplyDelete