Search This Blog

5/12/23

Music Appreciation Products Reissued Their 78 RPM Opera Sets As LPs?

 This is one of those brought to you by eBay discoveries that one may have never learned about had one not had alerts sets for the keywords "World's Greatest Music" and "World's Greatest Operas" activated.


Basically, this is the contents of a 1940/1 record set, "appreciation" booklet text (minus the translations of the vocals included in the set) just repackaged for the LP album format. I am unsure when these came out exactly, but likely in the early 1950s. Based on the aesthetic feel of the packaging and the emphasis on the "Micro" and 33 1/3 rpm aspect of this release, the LP format must have been fairly new when this release came out for them to worry someone with a 78 rpm only record player would attempt to play this album. 

Wouldn't it be great if someone who happened to have the original 78 rpm set of this album is a reissue set to put it online? I happen to have it in my collection... is there anyone who wants to hear it? I plan to do so someday, but I cannot say for sure exactly when (other than I have posts scheduled through early-2024).

No comments:

Post a Comment